Monday, March 8, 2010

If I could only emblaze this on my heart...

So often, I hear the phrase, "be strong in the Lord." But how often does a more in depth definition really follow as to what that entails? In my experience not too often. This quote that I found from a Discovery Series study explained it perfectly! Let my heart be ignited with these words EVERY TIME I even try to do something in my own strength.

"You may be so by having no confidence in your own ability, by doing what God says and trusting him to back you, by exercising what is called "the obedience of faith," by stepping, at God's command, towards closed glass doors and watching them swing open as you reach them. Your strength lies in what he does whey you obey." This last line gives me chills each time and I imagine a choir of angels wondering if this powerful point has finally hit home with me.

Reminder to me: Don't be afraid to reach out or stand out for Christ. Don't hesitate, just obey.



No comments: