Monday, October 12, 2009

Security...Lay it Down



This faith walk that I've been on lately has been quite the revelation. The only reason for tonight's post is so that I remember this particular revelation and not let it pass me by. I had a slightly unexpected pricey bill come my way today and had the crashing realization that I had felt pretty "cushy" until this blow to my current stash. In this moment of rushing heaviness, I was met with the reality that I had based my security not on God alone, but on what I monetarily posssessed on my own. This lesson was definitely not a pleasant one, but appreciative nonetheless for the reminder that God is truly my only security and the worries that can come with having "seemingly" less need to be laid down at the cross of Jesus Christ. For only through, with, and in him does my true security lie. So, Jesus my troubles, I lay em down to you.

No comments: